• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Innsbruck area (1 Viewer)

grahamknight10

Hi

I am going to stay in the area west of Innsbruck (Telfs) for a few days at the end of the month. Can anyone provide tips for Alpine Chough, Alpine Accentor and White-winged Snowfinch (or any other decent birds around)?

I went last summer so know the area a bit

Also does anyone have contact details for Dale Forbes? I know he is on here but doesn't accept private messages

thanks

Graham

Hi Graham

The Hafelkar (not sure about the spelling) is one of the most popular chair lift and you can get to it now from Innsbruck town. I am not sure if the Alpine Choughs stay at the top in the Winter but they will almost feed out of your hand, I have had Snowfinch and Black Redstart and Crested Tits are quite common lower down amongst the Trees. I have camped in Telfs many times but only in the Spring.
The Park in Innsbruck is really good now, I had Crested Tits, Siskin etc
there in January.
If do get hold of Dale, he was most helpful and knowledgeable when I asked for information some time ago.
Good luck

regards

Merlin

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back