• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding opportunities in Andermatt, Switzerland mid-March 2024 (1 Viewer)

Nuffenaffen

Norway
Hi, I will be staying in Andermatt 14-17 March 2024 and wondered what birding opportunities (incl. photographing) there might be in this area. I will probably not have access to a car but I plan to get out and about using local ski lifts, mountain trains etc. In particular, I seek for Alpine Accentor, Snowfinch and Alpine Chough. Would Citril Finch also be an option in the Andermatt area? Any info gratefully received. Thanks

From what I see on Ornito.ch, during the last two weeks Alpine Accentor was reported near the villages/town in the lower region, Choughs all around and possibly Snowfinches in Realp -- which is near Andermatt. No Citril Finches reported. (Maybe some Rock Ptarmigan & Wallcreeper though).

Hi to you both
I am in Seelisberg a week later - Nuffenaffen would you mind posting any sightings or info when back please
Cheers Rob
Hi Rob we have an excellent article in Opus covering Switzerland, with some great information.

The External Links include one for Ornitho.ch among many others: Category:Switzerland - BirdForum Opus I hope you find it helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back