• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Request to Ringers, Great Tits (1 Viewer)

Jos Stratford

Eastern Exile
Staff member
United Kingdom
Are there any ringers on the forum operating in Britain (or western Europe) and regularly ringing Great Tits (and Blue Tits), eg in a garden?

If so, I would be interested in the following data, can be this year as the winter proceeds or from a past winter:

- total percentage of males and females (if possible, broken down into first winters and adults) caught each month from October through to March.

Many thanks.

If this is a pretty simple request for your own research then you could put a data request into either BTO or EDB (Euring Data Bank) and get a much larger set of data...

If this is a pretty simple request for your own research then you could put a data request into either BTO or EDB (Euring Data Bank) and get a much larger set of data...

Ah many thanks, I didn't imagine the BTO would do that for individuals requesting.

Do I need to add any research proposal or something?! At present, it is just for personal interest to try and calculate sex-specific migration bias in the northern populations that populate my feeding stations.

Ah many thanks, I didn't imagine the BTO would do that for individuals requesting.

Do I need to add any research proposal or something?! At present, it is just for personal interest to try and calculate sex-specific migration bias in the northern populations that populate my feeding stations.

Drop Jacquie Clark ([email protected]) an email at BTO and she can send you a data request form.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back