• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fall Warblers Anyone? (1 Viewer)

45northmt

Saw my first Fall Warbler this past Saturday (August 25th) here in SW Montana (USA)... American Yellow Warbler. They seem to be hanging around, as I saw more yesterday, 8/27. A pretty common Warbler, but always exciting to see!

Anyone else seeing migrating Warblers yet?

Saw my first Fall Warbler this past Saturday (August 25th) here in SW Montana (USA)... American Yellow Warbler. They seem to be hanging around, as I saw more yesterday, 8/27. A pretty common Warbler, but always exciting to see!

Anyone else seeing migrating Warblers yet?

They have definitely arrived in eastern Pennsylvania. New arrivals for me include Chestnut-sided, Cape May, Yellow-rumped, Canada, Black-throated Green, and Blackburnian, among others.

They have definitely arrived in eastern Pennsylvania. New arrivals for me include Chestnut-sided, Cape May, Yellow-rumped, Canada, Black-throated Green, and Blackburnian, among others.

That's great. We see so few Warblers here... vast open spaces and a lack of deciduous trees is not helpful!

FWIW all of those except Cape May nest in the southern Poconos (Carbon County).

But there have been numbers showing up in the Lehigh Valley (where they don't breed).

FWIW all of those except Cape May nest in the southern Poconos (Carbon County).

But there have been numbers showing up in the Lehigh Valley (where they don't breed).

Didn't know Blackburnian breeds so far south.

Thanks for that information. I've seen a few of the warblers at Hawk Mountain Sanctuary, and a few in Bucks County, so definitely a migrant influx.

Fun time of year for sure!

Didn't know Blackburnian breeds so far south.

Thanks for that information. I've seen a few of the warblers at Hawk Mountain Sanctuary, and a few in Bucks County, so definitely a migrant influx.

Fun time of year for sure!

They're very local. I know one or two territories. Same for Canada and Yellow-rumped. And Magnolia, for that matter.

We've had migrant Yellow Warblers on the Gulf Coast off and on since mid-July - some days we've had good movements, other days it's quiet. Also had Prairie today, plus Black-and-white and Northern Parula in my yard the other day. Otherwise, still waiting for most species to show up on the coast - but I did see a beautiful male Canada Warbler during a visit to NW Arkansas last weekend. They're coming!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back