• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bewick's Wren? SF, USA (1 Viewer)

brd

Was birding near the Land's End/Sutro heights area, on a trail overlooking the ocean last Thursday when I saw this guy. I was expecting to possibly see a Bewicks, and so when I saw this bird that's where my mind went immediately.
Unfortunately he was skulking a bit, and with the crazy contrast of afternoon sun and shadows of the canopy, as well as all the brush, couldnt get a good picture of it.
Looking back at the photos, it doesnt seem right. The bill first off seems too short. It actually looks more like the Bush Warblers I used to see in Taiwan, not like something I would expect to see in SF.
Unfortunately it was a short encounter, and the photos are all terrible, but does anyone have any thoughts?

Attachments

• bewick's? (1 of 1).jpg
    bewick's? (1 of 1).jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 70
Yeah, I've seen the Pacific Wren before and this one seemed larger and, in the brief show of the tail that I got it wasn't raised. But I suppose it does look more like that than the Bewick's in this picture.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back