• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Magnificent service from Zeiss UK! (1 Viewer)

Grimnir

I recently bought a 1993 Zeiss Dialyt 7x42B T*P which, although in broadly very good condition, had a few issues in that the right dioptre ring was broken, there was a speck in the right telescope, the focus was stiff and the armour was starting to lift.

So I sent it off to Zeiss UK in Norfolk where it was serviced by Gary Hawkins who replaced the armour and broken dioptre ring, adjusted the focus, cleaned the optics and returned it to me in only nine days. The result is that I have an effectively new sample of this superb classic binocular.

This entire service was provided completely free of charge.

This is simply magnificent service from Zeiss!

So a huge thank you to Gary and to Zeiss!

Graham

Hi Graham,

Just to say I have sourced the same model and gone ahead this evening with a purchase on eBay, having heard only good things about this Dialyt 7x42 BG/AT*P* from my brother who has used one out in the woods for about the last 20 or more years after buying it new in the mid-1990s.

Reading about your top quality service and repair experience persuaded me to go ahead and thanks to you I've found out about the Zeiss authorized service centre that Gary works for so I hope very soon to receive, test out and probably get this exciting purchase serviced.

All the best,
Tom

Hi Graham,

Just to say I have sourced the same model and gone ahead this evening with a purchase on eBay, having heard only good things about this Dialyt 7x42 BG/AT*P* from my brother who has used one out in the woods for about the last 20 or more years after buying it new in the mid-1990s.

Reading about your top quality service and repair experience persuaded me to go ahead and thanks to you I've found out about the Zeiss authorized service centre that Gary works for so I hope very soon to receive, test out and probably get this exciting purchase serviced.

All the best,
Tom
You won't go wrong with these my friend. Or with Gary's service work. I have said before they are a master piece of German engineering. And you got the best model with the T & P

I too have had the most excellent service from 'Gary' in a previous life when he worked for Leica and more recently in his new found role as 'East Coast Binocular Repairs'. He is an absolute gent who likes a glass of real ale from Cornwall.:t:

I recently bought a 1993 Zeiss Dialyt 7x42B T*P which, although in broadly very good condition, had a few issues in that the right dioptre ring was broken, there was a speck in the right telescope, the focus was stiff and the armour was starting to lift.

Seven or eight years ago I had almost the same issues corrected on a Dialyt 7x42 BG/A T*P here in the USA. This was all covered under their transferable warranty, and done quickly.

Fantastic binoculars. :t::t:

Ed

Hi Graham,

All the best,
Tom

Actually Tom, the service centre is Gary's own company and he has worked for both Leica and Zeiss for years so is super qualified for the job.

Lee

Another big thumbs-up for Gary at East Coast Binocular Repair. I dropped my FL 8x32s in for a long-overdue tune-up two weeks ago and got them back yesterday - pristine! Focus back to Zeiss' buttery-best, lenses gleaming..thanks Gary!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back