• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Happy to have found this site (1 Viewer)

mtn

... winging it ....
Lots of great information here; happy to have found this site.

I am a life-long lover of birds; my mom always kept binoculars at the kitchen window and got me my first illustrated guide when I was little. We live on a farm in the mountains of Virginia and my three young children enjoy learning about wildlife of all types; my son has special fondness for birds and despite being too young to read has learned to ID from an old set of Audubon cards. As my hikes have slowed to walks and my children have shown more interest, my personal interest in birds has grown. I've got a lot to learn and would love to get better at auditory ID.

My favorite bird memories include counting Sage Grouse in the Oregon Desert, watching Bluebirds fledge with my mom, many hikes at Sapsucker Woods when we lived in Ithaca and watching the Herons and Barn Swallows return to nest each year on our farm.

I don't keep a written list but I try to always pay attention to the birds I see and learn about them as I notice new species.

Glad to be here!

-Cheers

Hi mtn and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I’m sure you will enjoy the site.

Hi mtm and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back