• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Has anyone tried the Kite APC Stabilised Binoculars? (1 Viewer)

Winterdune

Just wondering if they represent a decent improvement over the cheaper Canon 10x30 IS IIs... Can't get out to have a look through either myself at the moment, obvs...

Thanks
Sean

So I bought a pair as I found a good deal, and I have to say I am REALLY impressed with them, although not to the point where I can relinquish my Swarovski 10x42 ELs. Depth of field is shallow which makes the focus 'twitchy', as on most mid range binoculars, and field of view is naturally compromised vs 10x42s. But ergonomically they are great with excellent eye relief, great eye cups, comfortable handling, waterproof and pretty well-built. If Kite produce a 10x42 stabilised and use their top glass as in the Ibis or Bonelli 2 bins, I am selling my Swarovskis! I've emailed Kite to ask if they have plans to do a higher end version....

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back