• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rare and Scarce Birds in Warwickshire (2 Viewers)

Managed to get a few shots of the LSW at Whitacre Heath yesterday from the main pool hide at 1.00PM.

Max.

Attachments

• IMG_5619 (Large).JPG
    IMG_5619 (Large).JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 97
Managed to get a few shots of the LSW at Whitacre Heath yesterday from the main pool hide at 1.00PM.

Max.

Hi Max its unusual to get lesser pecka on reed mace stems I would have thought, thats where Iv'e been going wrong, Iv'e been looking in trees8-P
B :)John
ps nice to have met you again albeit it briefly at Marsh lane last Sunday morning.:t:

Hi Max its unusual to get lesser pecka on reed mace stems I would have thought, thats where Iv'e been going wrong, Iv'e been looking in trees8-P
B :)John
ps nice to have met you again albeit it briefly at Marsh lane last Sunday morning.:t:

Hi John nice to have seen you again.Regarding the LSW I wouldn't have looked for it on the reeds unless I'd been tipped off by one of the warders.

Max.

Black Redstart this morning at Draycote Water on Sailing Club roof :t:

Images on my blog ;)

Also reported, but not seen by me two Little Gulls :t:

Per Brandon WEbsite = SPOTTED CRAKE seen from East Marsh Hide in Elephant ride left of hide by several observers at 17.10 including Paul Huddleston and Steve Nikols who both have photos of the bird as well as others- The bird was put out over the pager system around 17.45. Other birds of note- Willow Warbler, large numbers if Sand Martin with large groups passing over, 4 L.R Plovers, 2 Redshank, female Goosander, 2 Oystercatchers, Sparrowhawk, Several Buzzard, 34 Snipe.

Managed after a long wait yesterday to get the Spotted Crake from the East Marsh hide at Brandon.It showed briefly in the channel at 2.00PM.

Max.

Attachments

• IMG_6797 (Large).JPG
    IMG_6797 (Large).JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_6794 (Large).JPG
    IMG_6794 (Large).JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 108
Today the Spotted crake has only been seen from Baldwin hide looking directy towards east marsh hide ,There is a very small area of flattened reed where the bird appeared at 6.20pm and 7.30pm and also seen by others at 4.40 in the same spot.

I managed to see the Spotted Crake between 6.20pm and 7.30pm after spending a lot of hours waiting for it to appear. On news of it being seen from the John Baldwin Hide I changed hides and finally saw it come into view on more than one occassion. Great to see but elusive :eek!:

Dean:t:

Nice afternoon was had at Shustoke Reservoir today.

Highlights:

Swallow - Several

Red Crested Pochard - Hopefully Pics Attached.

Sandwich Tern - Quite active flying, fishing & was seen at rest 3.45 - 4.30pm before I left. Hopefully Pics Attached.

In carpark Red Legged Partridge

Attachments

• Sandwich Tern 3.jpg
    Sandwich Tern 3.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Sandwich Tern 2.jpg
    Sandwich Tern 2.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Sandwich Tern 1.jpg
    Sandwich Tern 1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Red Crested Pochard 1.jpg
    Red Crested Pochard 1.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 65
The Crake was showing well again this morning from the EM hide at Brandon Marsh.It's spending more time now in the channel I think because the scrub is taller there now and it feels safer??

Max

Attachments

• IMG_7416 (Large).JPG
    IMG_7416 (Large).JPG
    175.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7476 (Large).JPG
    IMG_7476 (Large).JPG
    181 KB · Views: 58
Had some nice views of the Spotted Crake at Brandon Marsh today, a lifer for me too!!
SpottedCrake013.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back