• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

birdwatching and retail therapy (1 Viewer)

rose taylor

Morning all,
Yesterday Sarah and I went to Westwood Cross, a fairly new shopping centre near Margate/Broadstairs. On the way we stopped because we spotted a couple of buzzards. Now we know that we definatly saw at least 2 buzzards, maybe 3, but we also saw what we thought may have been a peregrine or at least some sort of bird of prey mobbing one of the buzzards. The birds were quite a way up so it was difficult to make a definate identification. Question is, would a peregrine mob buzzards?
btw, bought trousers and almost (almost) resisted buying a new dress, left it in the shop and then ordered it online when I got home!!!
Also, has anyone else noticed that the price of peanuts has gone sky high, we shall have to be a little more careful when feeding the badgers and squirrels!
Rose

It wouldn't be the first time birds of prey have seen off other species that could compete for food but being not exactly knowledgeable on such things I couldn't say for sure.

Nothing like livening up a bit of shopping with some birdwatching. :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back