• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi From Gloucester (1 Viewer)

JC2

HI...my name is John, (62,retired) I live in Gloucester and this evening I made my first post on a thread about camera settings. I've been getting some decent equipment together and dipping in and out of here. I'm registered as joining in June last year I see but , that was a little premature for me re. equipment to get decent photos. I've been on two bird photo shoots ,one at a feeding station in the Forest of Dean (February) and last Thursday to the Gigrin Red Kite feeding farm, Mid-Wales.. (They supply the Kites with half a ton of prime meat a day!) We saw an albino Kite, too and it was a steep learning curve photographing BIF but fascinating. As I said in the other post I have photos from both shoots but looking at the quality of photos on here has held me back from posting any. I thoroughly enjoyed Gigrin and will return in winter when I was told by a Birdforum member, who was also there, that it's a better time to go.

On August 15th. I'm off to the Isle of Mull for 5 days of bird photographing and hope to see the White Tailed Eagle,puffins and many more so I need to get my skills up to speed and that is why I found the 'BIF settings' thread so helpful.

Hi John and welcome on behalf of the Staff and Moderators

You'll love Mull, I'm sure, a lovely island. I'm hoping to get to Gigrin one day too.

D

Hello John,
And another welcome to the Birdforum. Good luck on your next outing. And don't hesitate to post any photos - we'll enjoy them and also enjoy seeing how you improve with time.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back