• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ED 50 Disaster (1 Viewer)

I think optically Nikon products are excellent, but it annoys me to hell to think we as UK customers are taken so lightly and treated differently to others.

On another thread I was asking about a good travel scope & Nikon ED50 was highlighted to me. I shall steer clear thank you if this is how they treat UK customers.

I think optically Nikon products are excellent, but it annoys me to hell to think we as UK customers are taken so lightly and treated differently to others.
On another thread I was asking about a good travel scope & Nikon ED50 was highlighted to me. I shall steer clear thank you if this is how they treat UK customers.

A bit of a strange post considering the one i had posted before it i had shown that Nikon do repair items for free in the UK. :-C

Last edited:
A bit of a strange post considering the one i had posted before it i had shown that Nikon do repair items for free in the UK. :-C

Not really, when you consider the varied responses on this thread.

With all respect, just because your experience was good, does not vindicate the overall service they provide.

I am just starting out with scopes.....still looking but will steer clear of Nikon now, (does anyone know conclusively why we in the UK are treated deferently, regarding guarantees?) especially when you have Opticron who by the sound of it has brilliant customer services!!

...does anyone know conclusively why we in the UK are treated deferently, regarding guarantees?

'Cos the Brits like to winge about all and sundry from the weather to petrol prices, and everything in between, happily exisiting under the illusion that they, the unfortunate residents of the Isle, are the most disadvantaged folk on the globe. Thus, dear optic companies like to oblige, adding a little extra plank for the Brits to batter themselves with.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back