• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

signature (1 Viewer)

steve.hinchliffe

please advise if poss i would like to add a signature to the bottom of my photos but have no idea how to go about this .
is it possible to do this in nikon capture or do i need photoshop
thanks in advance
steve h

Capture will not do it but it's easy using Photoshop. I tend to do most of my processing in Capture then open it in Photoshop if I want a border or a signature. In Photoshop it's very easy to make an 'action' to add your predefined signature at the touch of a button. Do you currently have Photoshop? If so which version?

I'm not sure about that version but basically what I would do is to select your font and get it to the size you like for your typical image size. The copyright symbol © is ALT 0169 (hold down the ALT key and using the Numeric keypad type 0169 and the symbol should appear. I don't think all fonts have this symbol so you might have to select a different font for that character. Type the rest of your signature and you can play about with opacity and how sharp or strong it is depending on your chosen font. I tend to select right justification and stick it in the bottom RH corner. I make this into an action but I cant tell you how to make one on version 5 as I would probably get it wrong.

Hope this helps. If you need help just ask.

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back