• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Jamaica for Thanksgiving 2009 (1 Viewer)

PONYRCR

I just booked a trip to Jamaica for the Thanksgiving holiday (Nov24-Dec1).

This is more of a family vacation then a birding trip. I've never been to Jamaica so I'm sure to add new life birds.

Most of our visit will be doing the typical tourist type stuff. My two teenage boys are coming and I don't want them to be bored.

One place we plan to visit is Rocklands Bird Sanctuary.

Can anyone give me info on birding tours I might be able to book while I'm there? We'll be staying at the Hilton Rose Hall in Montego Bay.

I'm hoping I might be able to sneak off for one day and get in some genuine birding.

Any and all advice/tips welcomed.

http://www.birdingpal.org/tours/JamaicaItinerary.htm

http://www.birdingpal.org/jamaicareport.htm

Hi Ponyrcr.

Try these links above.

The report is by myself when I visited back in 2006, I would thoroughly recommend getting in touch with Reliable Adventures Jamaica (R A J) , they will tailor make to suit your requirements, wether 1 or 2 days to suit your family commitments, I stayed down the road from Rose Hall, they picked me up from the hotel and dropped me back off,wish I had spent more time birding with them, their guides are so infectious and go out of their way to find you what you would love to see.

Hope this helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back