• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mexico, Portugal, Jamaica, Africa, Brazil Chile (1 Viewer)

Hi! I would like to recruit a few people to join me for birding trips. I have visited several countries in the past without a guide and we still found several hundred species of birds on our own and the fees were cut in half. We were between 2 and 4 travelers and we used to follow birding trip reports. Observation sites are planned in advance and can be changed according to people's wishes. If you want to experience adventure, I invite you to contact me. I am 58 years old, retired and living in Montreal, Canada. I plan to make 3 trips per year. Here, for example, are the trips that interest me: Mexico, Quintana Roos December or January. Portugal November 15 to November 30. Jamaica November 26 to December 3. In 2024, Africa, Brazil, Chile. I'm also planning a 3-4 week trip to several countries.

Hi! I am in a similar situation as yourself and would be interested in joining you for some trips we could agree on. I never use organize birding tours and use trip reports and internet info to develop an itinerary for a trip. Sometimes solo, other times with a few companions to share costs. I have birded in some 70 countries thusly. I am currently interested in doing Mexico in the Feb-March of 2024. Although I have birded-out Quintana Roo, I am interested in other parts of Mexico, especially northwestern Mexico. There are several countries in Africa I would like to go to including Cameroon. If you want to discuss this further please contact me direct.

Hi! I am in a similar situation as yourself and would be interested in joining you for some trips we could agree on. I never use organize birding tours and use trip reports and internet info to develop an itinerary for a trip. Sometimes solo, other times with a few companions to share costs. I have birded in some 70 countries thusly. I am currently interested in doing Mexico in the Feb-March of 2024. Although I have birded-out Quintana Roo, I am interested in other parts of Mexico, especially northwestern Mexico. There are several countries in Africa I would like to go to including Cameroon. If you want to discuss this further please contact me direct.
Hello George, nice to hear from you. Can you please contact me directly on my email. [email protected]

Hi, I also do a lot of travelling without guided tours. I am currently in Mexico on my way home from Galapagos. I spend a month island hopping in Galapagos without a tour or cruise ship. A month in Galapagos cost me what most people pay for one week on a tour in a cruise ship. I am planning trips to the Pantanal to see birds and jaguars and Africa within the next year. I already have a plan and a route for Namibia and Botswana with a side trip to Victoria Falls. Renting a vehicle is the major expense. A lot of money for one person. Perhaps we can arrange something together or if anyone else is interested.

Hello pierre, I'm very interested in birding with you in late 2024. I'm 26 and have birded in Asia and South america on my own. Africa is a big dream of mine and also places like NE Brazil and Bolivia are high up the list. I hope to hear from you because I love to make friends and make adventures with other people.

Hi. I'm of a similar outlook. 59. UK based. Doing about 3 trips a year, 2/3 solo and 1/3 usually with just one other person, but open to birding in group of maybe 3 or 4. Doing Quintana Roos in early March solo - all sorted but most of the other destinations mentioned by op and others here are appealing. I prefer to have an outline well in advance (ideally a year ahead) of trips to help fit them in (and suitably space them) as well as get the prep sorted. 2024 is largely shaped out but 2025 more open. Sharing any trip planning (as well as the company on the trip and sharing costs) has a lot of appeal. Happy to join any off-line discussions etc.

Hi, Pierre & hello again George - been a while since our Brazil trip!
Denis: I know of you, I think we have mutual friends.
I, too am interested in a variety of trips with others.
Top of my list for next year are Peru and Sulawesi/Halmahera, (see my thread here).
South America generally & some African countries are on my to do list.
I did organise an Ethiopian trip which we abandoned a few years back, because of local troubles, and would be very interested in resurrecting this, if anyone's interested?
Also a return for more Oz, and New Zealand - Kaikora Albatrosses!
I'm off to Ghana in December, but after that am interested in Feb/March & June/July/Aug next year.

Cheers

Richard.

Hello pierre, I'm very interested in birding with you in late 2024. I'm 26 and have birded in Asia and South america on my own. Africa is a big dream of mine and also places like NE Brazil and Bolivia are high up the list. I hope to hear from you because I love to make friends and make adventures with other people.
Hello and sorry for the delay. Perfect, maybe we can discuss in private.
Hi. I'm of a similar outlook. 59. UK based. Doing about 3 trips a year, 2/3 solo and 1/3 usually with just one other person, but open to birding in group of maybe 3 or 4. Doing Quintana Roos in early March solo - all sorted but most of the other destinations mentioned by op and others here are appealing. I prefer to have an outline well in advance (ideally a year ahead) of trips to help fit them in (and suitably space them) as well as get the prep sorted. 2024 is largely shaped out but 2025 more open. Sharing any trip planning (as well as the company on the trip and sharing costs) has a lot of appeal. Happy to join any off-line discussions etc.

Hi, I also do a lot of travelling without guided tours. I am currently in Mexico on my way home from Galapagos. I spend a month island hopping in Galapagos without a tour or cruise ship. A month in Galapagos cost me what most people pay for one week on a tour in a cruise ship. I am planning trips to the Pantanal to see birds and jaguars and Africa within the next year. I already have a plan and a route for Namibia and Botswana with a side trip to Victoria Falls. Renting a vehicle is the major expense. A lot of money for one person. Perhaps we can arrange something together or if anyone else is interested.

Hello Dennis, that sounds good. Can we discuss it in private. I don't know if it is secured to give emails on the forum.

Hi, Pierre & hello again George - been a while since our Brazil trip!
Denis: I know of you, I think we have mutual friends.
I, too am interested in a variety of trips with others.
Top of my list for next year are Peru and Sulawesi/Halmahera, (see my thread here).
South America generally & some African countries are on my to do list.
I did organise an Ethiopian trip which we abandoned a few years back, because of local troubles, and would be very interested in resurrecting this, if anyone's interested?
Also a return for more Oz, and New Zealand - Kaikora Albatrosses!
I'm off to Ghana in December, but after that am interested in Feb/March & June/July/Aug next year.

Cheers

Richard.
Hello Richard, nice to hear from you. Can we discuss it in private.

Just an update guys:

I'm in the early stages of looking at a trip to Argentina in Feb or March, no timings yet, thinking of Buenos Aires area, then Iguazu, then Salta area (NW of the country), flying between the 3 areas, car hiring at each, self guiding, 2-3 weeks total. Possibly popping into Uraguay & Paraguay. Very flexible for now.

And a trip to Southern Peru, around July, Cuzco & the Manu Road, again very flexible on dates, sites.

I'll very probably be doing both, even alone if I can't find others to share car hire costs.

Interested?

I've sent you a message, Pierre.

I'm now going to Chile in February, but am still up for Peru c.July & N.Argentina in November or December.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back