• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 SP Di VC USD XLD (1 Viewer)

Serch

I have a Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 SP Di VC USD XLD for Nikon Digital SLR and its is quite nice.

I was planning on buying another camera and lense for my wife and was wondering which is better to get, that lense or this one?

Nikon 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S DX Nikkor Zoom Lens for Nikon Digital SLR

The Tamron 70-300 is a nice lens. While the 55-300 is pretty good for a kit lens, the quality is not as good as the Nikon 70-300 or the Tamron 70-300. The advantage of the Nikon 55-300 is that it is smaller and lighter. You might also see an advantage or disadvantage of common filter sizes with other lenses in your kit.

Be sure you take a look at what lenses work with her new camera. Some lower cost Nikon cameras require AF-S lenses (lenses with a motor in the lens).

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back