• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New field studies (2 Viewers)

You`ve right Andrew, there is a sketch of a Bonelli`s eagle ,and since it isn`t a "real" fieldsketch but based on a video footage of mine, I didn`t want to upload it..
In this case I`ll make an exception...

Paschalis

Attachments

• Bonellis-eagle-female.jpg
    Bonellis-eagle-female.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 101
Mr Bic strikes again with a fine Eagle. Im glad you threw it in here even though it wasn't a field sketch. Copied from Videos or in the field they always impress me> I cant wait for more talented work from you in 2013 B :)

The eagle is strikingly good, and the guinea pigs are up to your usual high quality of work as well. I would worry about an eagle being in such close proximity to the guinea pigs - that could result in an unhappy daughter. ;)

Just wanted to express my gratitude to all of you for your kind comments, uploading my latest fieldsketches-Munich zoo today morning.I spend there four hours and I managed to finish three Bic pen studies ( Rhino iguana, Borneo bearded pig, Young male lion)...new record! Attached also the failed attempts ...

Paschalis

Attachments

• Rhinoceros-Iguana.jpg
    Rhinoceros-Iguana.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Bornean-bearded-pig.jpg
    Bornean-bearded-pig.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Bornean-bearded-pig-fail.jpg
    Bornean-bearded-pig-fail.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Bornean-bearded-pig-failed-.jpg
    Bornean-bearded-pig-failed-.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Young-male-Lion-portrait.jpg
    Young-male-Lion-portrait.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 68
I continue to marvel at the natural feel you get on these sketches. Just amazing what you can do from life...I would struggle mightily to get something this good from a reference photo that wasn't moving.

nice surprise this evening- got in late to find a still-plastic-wrapped copy of Birding World thrown into the Ed pile- with a beautiful Chukar on the cover which obviously even at a glance was yours

Back from the zoo, no Bic pen sketches this time but I`ve been rewarded with a coloured study of the male Indian Rhino called "Nico".
There is always a risk , starting a detailed study from life because nobody knows if the animal will stay there for a while..but without a risk there is no reward!

Paschalis

Attachments

• Indian-rhinoceros-Nico-colo.jpg
    Indian-rhinoceros-Nico-colo.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 93
Excellent work, Paschalis! Your subjects possess a "personality" that is missing in my artwork. I envy your talent. Keep it up!

that rhino popped up on my fb newsfeed for a tantalizing few seconds then went away somewhere...so glad you posted it here a riveting work, and that sawed off horn says so much. I love the use you made of the toned paper and texture. an incredible work from life

Back from the zoo, no Bic pen sketches this time but I`ve been rewarded with a coloured study of the male Indian Rhino called "Nico".
There is always a risk , starting a detailed study from life because nobody knows if the animal will stay there for a while..but without a risk there is no reward!

Paschalis

No risk, no reward is right! I guess that's part of what keeps it so exciting, especially with results like this.

Welcome John! Thanks for checking in!
Attached the today`s "harvest" from my visit to the zoo..Bic pen studies once again, this time Gorillas and a Honeycomb moray..

Paschalis

Attachments

• Honeycomb-moray.jpg
    Honeycomb-moray.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Western-lowland-Gorilla male -por.jpg
    Western-lowland-Gorilla male -por.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Western-lowland-gorilla-mal.jpg
    Western-lowland-gorilla-mal.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 53
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back