• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Using Minolta 7D (1 Viewer)

Autofocusing on digiscope?

Has anyone used the Minolta 7d on a scope? I have a Zeiss 85 with 20x60x and a Zeiss camera adapter. All my lenses are zooms and too large without seriously mechanically changing the adapter. Therefore I have a 50mm 1.4 on the way to make it easier to use. Will I be able to use auto focus? Should I focus manually? This camera is new to me and being a DSLR, I have no "macro" setting. Should I be using a macro lens instead?

Using a friend's Nikon, we got some really good shots by taking a million of them and adjusting the focus slightly on every shot -We found that are eyes were not up to manually focusing properly even when we adjusted the diopter to what we thought was correct. Has anyone used a eyepeice magnifier or addition diopters to get in "close and personal" to the subject in order to really fine tune the focusing?

Thanks for your help - Mark

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back