• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alphfluenza (1 Viewer)

SuperDuty

United States
Are those of us who spend absurd amounts of money on "Alpha" binoculars effected by Alphfluenza ? If diagnosed, should we be entitled to government aid to help with our financial suffering ? ;)

Are those of us who spend absurd amounts of money on "Alpha" binoculars effected by Alphfluenza ? If diagnosed, should we be entitled to government aid to help with our financial suffering ? ;)

SD

I admire your notion but clarify your thoughts. :smoke:
Absurd amounts of money?B :)
Well, how do you define absurd? Would that be compared with flying down to Florida and spending a week in Disneyland or buying a basic Ford F150 or one with all the bells and whistles? Do you like music? Some folks spend a trunk full on hi-fi and others have 'home cinemas' with tv's the size of the White House and amplifiers and speakers louder than Donald Trump.

As things go bins are not the most expensive things that folks spend their cash on. ;)

Lee

One man's absurd amount of money is another man's pocket change.

There are many people in this world, who drive $300,000 cars, while wearing $15,000 wristwatches.

One man's absurd amount of money is another man's pocket change.

There are many people in this world, who drive $300,000 cars, while wearing $15,000 wristwatches.

Yep. All my 32 expensive Rickenbackers are gone. And, if I were to buy another guitar, it would be a Telecaster . . . Mexican. If intelligence and maturity were to take hold earlier in life, think of how much money we could save! 8-P:cat:

Bill

I have a Swarovski Swarovision 10x50 SV and a 8x32 SV. These are my only binoculars. I really could get by with just the 10x50 SV. I paid $1900 for the 10x50 SV and $1500 for the 8x32 SV and they are both like new. I don't think $3400 is a tremendous amount for two high quality binoculars that will last a long time and give you many years of pleasure birding. At any time I could probably sell them for what I paid for them. I don't think you can say that about a Maven or Theron Questa. If you advertised either one on Ebay they would just sit there or you have to sell them for half the price you paid for them. There is a lot to be said for buying a high quality well known brand name. Also, you know that SOA will always take care of you quickly if you have an accident or a problem with your binoculars. Swarovski is well known for excellent customer service and that is part of the high initial purchase price you pay. If you need a new eye cup or strap no problem they will send you one for free in most cases. How much is that worth to you? I don't think there is any thing elitist or snobby about buying an alpha binocular. In the long run it just makes good sense.

I don't think there is any thing elitist or snobby about buying an alpha binocular.

I think if anyone ever made a crack about my binocular I would just say "It's what I have, and it's what I use." and that would be the last time I'd associate with them.

Life is too short to spend with idiots.

If I win the lottery I will buy Zeiss and Swarovski, the best engineers will be combined and CA will be abolished. Wait a minute, if I have almost a billion I can immediately create my own state of the art company, then CA will be abolished.:-O

after I win the POWERBALL wednesday, we can discuss absurd amounts of money for binoculars

edj

after I win the POWERBALL wednesday, we can discuss absurd amounts of money for binoculars

edj

Ha! Excellent response.
And just as an FYI, I am going to win it and do one better. I am going to start my own Sports Optics company. ;)

7x binoculars for everybody!

Edit: Beat me to it SD.

Last edited:
Ha! Excellent response.
And just as an FYI, I am going to win it and do one better. I am going to start my own Sports Optics company. ;)

7x binoculars for everybody!

Edit: Beat me to it SD.

Yay !

If I win the Powerball I won't ever work again.

I guess I have my first bout of Alphfluenza since I just bought
my first legitimate "Alpha". I've purchased a Swaro and Leica
in the past , but those were considered their 'mid-priced' bins.

Yay !

If I win the Powerball I won't ever work again.

I guess I have my first bout of Alphfluenza since I just bought
my first legitimate "Alpha". I've purchased a Swaro and Leica
in the past , but those were considered their 'mid-priced' bins.

Not to sidetrack the thread, but what did you buy?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back