• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (5 Viewers)

Nice photos of the Wheatear on your blog, BFB:t:

Cheers Bongo - lovely bird.

Well chuffed!! My first ever redpoll on the Niger seed, the day could not have started better !!!!

Good on yer - its a smart little bird. It is a very social (communial) species so expect more to follow this one. ;)

I have still only got small numbers of them here but the huge numbers will be returning soon :t:

Well chuffed!! My first ever redpoll on the Niger seed, the day could not have started better !!!!

Well done, Roger.Expect your seed bill to go up over the next couple of months

Lssr Redpoll numbers now rising here - 7

Nice - just 2 here today.

2012 Garden species No. 61
Brambling male
:t:

Good going. That's well early to start hitting your garden isn't it?

Other highlights here today were a male Bullfinch and 2 Siskin. Surprisingly quiet given that its not got far above freezing today.

16 LTTs earlier

That reminds me, 8 LTT here.

I also put a handful of loose peanuts out for a change. The Magpies were trying to cram as many in their bills as possible and a feral pigeon was gobbling them up so fast I'm surprised it didn't choke itself. In between the squirrels took them away one at a time.

An impressive 8 Blackbirds in our quite small garden this morning. Also a Song Thrush and a Robin...both never common in our garden. Starlings making light work of the mealworms. And plenty of Goldfinches and House Sparrows on the feeders.

My first Siskin and Bramblings of the winter here, Male and Female. Also great fun watching the Jackdaws fighting over the peanut and fatball feeder (and yes they can actually hold on to them!).

My first Siskin and Bramblings of the winter here, Male and Female. Also great fun watching the Jackdaws fighting over the peanut and fatball feeder (and yes they can actually hold on to them!).

Good stuff, Jaff:t: I'm starting to feel left out on the Brambling front...

With the weather getting colder over the last week or so, it has driven the 'Great Spotted Woodpeckers' back into the garden, both a male and female! Also had a male Blackcap, which is a first for me in this garden. Had an influx of Chaffinches as well, which is nice as they are a bit of a rarity for some reason in my garden.
(photos were taken through a window in bad light, so excuse the poor quality)

Attachments

• pecker008.jpg
    pecker008.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 50
  • pecker2005.jpg
    pecker2005.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 48

Users who are viewing this thread

Back