• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swaro 8.5x42 (1 Viewer)

Jerry S

United Kingdom
Love my swarovski 8.5x42s , the only thig wrong is the flimsy end eye caps, i have glued them both back on twice , now i have lost one 😩. I preferred the older type which went around the whole end barrell. Has anyone else had this problem? What to do now ?

I've glued one side on once and they've been alright since. I'm fully expecting it to happen again though at some point. I think contact Swarovski for some more. If their service is as good as people say they should send you some for free.

Jerry I have the pre FP 8.5 so can't be certain this will work on your 8.5 FP but I just checked my pre FP 8x32 with my FP 10x32 and the older objective covers will fit the FP. Although the actual lens covers themselves may be a tiny bit loose the retention ring fits around the barrels quite securely.
Hope this helps .

Mike

Last edited:
Jerry I have the pre FP 8.5 so can't be certain this will work on your 8.5 FP but I just checked my pre FP 8x32 with my FP 10x32 and the older objective covers will fit the FP. Although the actual lens covers themselves may be a tiny bit loose the retention ring fits around the barrels quite securely.
Hope this helps .

Mike

Thanks , i will try to contact Swarovski, shame though as they are hardly used, you are right though , where can i get some of the older end caps

Thanks , i will try to contact Swarovski, shame though as they are hardly used, you are right though , where can i get some of the older end caps

Jerry if you ring up Swarovski they will probably send you the pre FP version if requested. Or a number of retailers in the US, and I imagine in the UK as well, still carry the pre FP accessories.

On a related note, I substitute the pre FP rain guard on my FP models. But note there is actually a new version of the ratchet style guard which is slightly modified to accommodate the taller FP focus knob so you would have to make sure to order the right one if you prefer the ratchet style as I do.

Mike

Jerry if you ring up Swarovski they will probably send you the pre FP version if requested. Or a number of retailers in the US, and I imagine in the UK as well, still carry the pre FP accessories.

On a related note, I substitute the pre FP rain guard on my FP models. But note there is actually a new version of the ratchet style guard which is slightly modified to accommodate the taller FP focus knob so you would have to make sure to order the right one if you prefer the ratchet style as I do.

Mike

Thanks Mike , i will ring them today 😃

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back