• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nature's calender - the missing episodes (1 Viewer)

d.steeley

England
Hi all, I'm sure the current series of NC was suppose to run for three weeks, so therefore 15 episodes. But it seems to have finished after just ten. Anyone know if and when the missing five episodes are going to be shown. Sorry if this has been asked and answered in another thread but I couldn't find any info elswhere. I just don't want to miss out on what has been an excellent series.

Thanks

Dave

I was looking forward to watching the "wetlands" episode featuring Martin Mere, I turned the T.V. on at 1-30 which was the time the previous days episode had been shown only to find it had started at 1-15!!! All the earlier episodes had been shown at 6-30! The BBC infuriates me!

The promotion of this series by the BBC has been non existent. I only discovered it was to be broadcast from a post on here and set my PVR to record all the episodes it found by searching. The final two episodes were tucked away at a really obscure time and I would never have found them without the search facility. It seems to indicate that the BBC couldn't really care less about this series, which is a shame.

I haven't watched the last episode yet, which is the wetlands one and features How Hill in Norfolk, so I hope the recording worked all right.

Ron

I don't know if you have virgin TV but if you do you can watch the last weeks' worth for free 'on demand' whenever you like. I caught all of the shows this way.

I've just been checking the tv guide before I go out and there's a Nature's Calender on today, Thursday 26th, BBC2 1.15-1.45pm.

I missed a few too so hoping I can catch up with them all in the coming weeks as the BBC does seem to stuff them into any spare afternoon gap ;)

OK, sorted now. According to the recently (this week) updated bbc website there were only ten episodes to the summer series. Someone at the bbc needs to get their maths correct as the website clearly stated it would run Mon-Fri for three weeks. Good news is that the Autumn series is being finalised, only ten episodes though.

Dave

Hi Folks,

Sorry since the Radio Times changed their site around they do not list update changes any more. Previously it was easy for me to let you know first thing in a morning now I would have to read the whole day's schedule which I haven't time to do before work and then they change things through the day as you have found out the hard way.

It is hopeless asking the BBC as they told me they use the same Radio Times site on the net as I do for their information.

Any letters and comments to the BBC and Radio Times would be appreciated, we might get a better service if enough write but somehow I doubt it.

Sorry once again, sport seems to take precedence over everything and as said nature programmes are used as fill ins which also means you often get a shortened version of the programmes we want to see or an entirely different one at another time which we then miss also.

Ann :-C

Don,t worry Ann it,s not your fault it's the beebs at the beeb that are at fault. If the licence fee was paid by subscription as it is with Sky I'm sure they'd buck their ideas up and start listening to the people who are keeping them in their overpaid jobs!

Thanks Johnny,

Sometimes I feel I should go back to buying the paper version of the Radio Times, it often has more information in advance of programmes anyway. After I wrote last night I went through the online site and couldn't find any
Natures Calendar programmes for this next week but it is annoying when they change not only schedules but also reduce the number of programmes in a
series. I notice it never happens to the "soaps".

I noticed Coast is on next week and hope people are enjoying that.

Ann

Natures Calendar

Hi Everyone,

I wish the BBC and all the media would get together and give us the correct information for tv and radio programmes timing, sorry I don't know how else to word that as schedules appear in newspapers as well as all the different magazines.

I have just finished the tv diary for next week and now found that Natures Calendar is shown on the net version of the Radio Times as being on Wednesday the 1st August (not April or is it a joke anyway) as follows:-

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]T BBC2 2.00 – 2.30 pm Hands on Nature with Chris Packham – Woodland, including badgers and discovers the best place to see our biggest game birds as they strut their stuff in the Scottish Highlands.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]VP 7449[/FONT]

Ann :h?: :egghead:

Thanks for the message Ann, unfortunately I have just returned from holiday so I missed the August 1st episode. Mind you, I've been on the Isle of Mull for two weeks so saw I some pretty good nature first hand.

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

I am sure your holiday on the Isle of Mull more than made up for the episode you missed, there is something special about every bird and animal that you see for yourself.

I have kept Nature's Calendar on my list to look out for, the BBC often put a nature programe in their schedule to fill a gap as it were and who knows we may be lucky and they repeat them all again and at the allotted times.

Ann :egghead:

Hi Dave,

I am sure your holiday on the Isle of Mull more than made up for the episode you missed, there is something special about every bird and animal that you see for yourself.

I have kept Nature's Calendar on my list to look out for, the BBC often put a nature programe in their schedule to fill a gap as it were and who knows we may be lucky and they repeat them all again and at the allotted times.

Ann :egghead:

Thats what I like Ann a bit of OPTIMISM!:-O

Hi Johnny,

Personally I am the most pessimistic person around a real "doom and gloom" one myself but can be optimistic and give hope to others if that makes sense.

As I have been in touch with the BBC several times about programmes and always mention BF I keep hoping there is someone "lurking here" and slips in the odd nature programme now and then. We pay our licence fees too and should let them know we want more, not all of us live on a diet of soaps and endless house searches which I consider a day out at our expense.

My theory is if we never tell them what we want we will never get it so I keep trying even though I know lots of people say "I am very trying".

Ann ever hopeful of change. :egghead:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back