• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Central North Sea (1 Viewer)

david r

Morning all,
There are many hundreds if not thousands of birds passing the unit as I write this, I will see what lands for a rest later when it gets light.
At the moment the wind is 146 x 26kts.
Dave

Hi David,

It's just beginning to rain here in Aberdeen and looks as if it'll be set in so I fancy there may be a very substantial fall later today and tomorrow. Unfortunately I'm really busy the next few days but hopefully enough will be left for the weekend. Keep us posted on what's arriving with you.

david r said:
Morning all,
There are many hundreds if not thousands of birds passing the unit as I write this, I will see what lands for a rest later when it gets light.
At the moment the wind is 146 x 26kts.
Dave
A lively, if drizzly, late afternoon at Newbiggin Church. A Pied Wheatear, upwards of six black redstarts, bramblings, goldcrests, blackcaps, northern wheatear, robins, redstarts, fieldfares, song thrushes, blackbirds, garden warbler, chiffchaffs and one or two interesting, but not identified birds, all in an area not much bigger than a king sized handkerchief.

Last edited:
Hi Again,
A waxwing, 2 Short eared owls, 1 Sparrow hawk and a Skylark were observed on the unit, we also had Blackbirds, Song thrushes, Redwings, Bramblings, Chaffinches, Greenfinches, Pied wagtails, Starlings and Goldcrests resting and flying past all day.
Wx at 1800 Wind 140 x 25 - 30 kts
Dave

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates David. Things sound promising - we just need a break in the weather to get out and see them!

Hi again,
Lots of Fieldfares and Goldcrests have past the unit today also seen were Twite,Woodcock, Curlew, and Chiffchaffs, and in the late afternoon a Hobby, a Sparrow hawk and a Kestrel arrived then I found a Storm petrel ( I nearly stood on it ) so picked it up and put it in a safe place. At the moment 2025 I can hear Fieldfares calling as they fly past
Dave

A quieter day today, 1 Small flock of Fieldfares passed in the morning then another small flock of 17 birds in the afternoon followed shortly after by 6 Waxwings and another Water rail.
Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back