• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need advice from experts, Optical zoom (1 Viewer)

Mechanik

Hi folks,
I am looking for a video recording device, lightweight and has live AV out. There are many options on the market and i am not an expert on video capturing devices so i like to know you guys can advice me one.

My requirements with order of importance;

1-Longest range optical zoom + OIS (My goal is to see objects clearly from longest distance that i can get from the current options in the market)
2-Live AV out when i turn on the device(no need live out while recording.. it is okay to get what camera sees from AV out)
3- lightweight and compact

Basicly a device that i can use like a telescope with OIS and i can extract footage via AV signal.

I have panasonic SDR S70, a pretty old device.. looking for the panasonic HC V180K model and i just wanted to be sure if there is any other alternative that would be a better option for me.
Thank you for your precious time for reading my question.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back