• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Spread Of The Red Kites (1 Viewer)

Louis_P

Average Birder
Recently, after many years of searching I have seen several Red Kites in my local area within a few months. I first saw one at Blickling in April, a few days later I saw another at Alby (near Aylsham) and today I finally saw one from my house!!! Could they be nesting somewhere near me or maybe they are just passage birds?

I was ready to pop up to Wales to see them this year but this last week in Cornwall there seem to be several knocking about.Well pleased as I have never seen one before.

Glad to hear these Kites seem to be doing o.k.in several counties although if they become common I suppose they become all of a sudden uninteresting to some.
I am new to birding but it seems to me they are passage birds.
Down this way they seem to favour the fresh cut silage fields and don't seem to mind hanging about with the Buzzards.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back