• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron 8x42SR? (1 Viewer)

slingworks

I found a pair of bins I might like on discount..the Opticron 8x42SR.

They seemed well built, and seemed pretty decent. (maybe a bit narrow?)

Overall they remind me allot of the old Swift Ultra Lite in 8x42...Are they the same bins with rubber cover?

I have the Swift 8x32 Ultralites and I really like them. Wondering if the Opticrons are the same bins, and if so, are they built to the same standards/coatings, etc?

I've not used this model, but generally Opticron kit is decent - good optics and solid build quality. I did briefly own its predecessor the HR, which despite the narrow fov and tight eye relief had a wonderfully sharp central image, good CA control and decent 3D aspect. Here is some information from the archive which may be of assistance.

Perhaps the mods could move your thread to the Opticron forum where others may be able to chip in.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back