• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

''I Had a Dream'' (1 Viewer)

brianfm

Botanical Birder
''I Had a Dream''

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all

I feel I must tell you (bore you with) a dream I had last night. Well in fact two dreams. In this dream I saw a Green Woodpecker amongst the bushes at the foot of my garden. It was in glorious technicolour with the green and red markings very clear. I was convinced I had a new species for the garden list. Only problem on reconsidering this, the woodpecker was almost Pheasant size, but I often to have problems gauging the size of birds. This dream occurred twice last night. Both were in colour. It was so clear that I was a little disappointed this morning when I found I could not add it to my garden list. I had been so convinced.

Now does this mean I am doing too much birding, too little or simply going insane? I do think this could be the basis of some serious research into the minds of exbeebers, so I am asking. 1 Do you ever dream of avian species and if so, which species? 2 Do you ever dream of other wildlife? Don't be shy, just imagine I am your psychiatrist! However I am not really interested in your wider dreaming habits so stick to the point please. ;)

Cheers

Hi Bri,
Well I'm lying comfortably on the sofa so here goes..........I actually had this dream last year this was what I posted on BF at the time!!!!!!.......

.......It was a glorious summers day and we were out birdwatching when suddenly 2 Buzzards appeared and started to fly towards the wall of a church.Climbing up the wall in a vain attempt to escape the Buzzards were 2 Grey Squirrels!
The Buzzards caught the 2 Grey Squirrels and landed with them (1 each) right in front of us.
We started to try to take photos of them and suddenly they stopped eating their prey and posed for the cameras,we got loads of superb footage,close up too!
But when we got home and put the photo's onto the pc to preview them the Buzzards had turned into baby Deer and the Squirrels into Reds and between them made one of the most beautiful photo's you've ever seen????
Funnily enough the first birds we saw this morning on our way to the supermarket were........yes 2 Buzzards!!!!!......

......................................So yes I dream about birds AND other wildlife as well!!!!

I'm off to take me medicine now!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!! :'D

Hi Brian,
Cant say as I have (not that I remember anyway) so I dont have need of your couch just yet ;) but I did enjoy reading about your own and Ruths dreams.
Good thread, cant wait to read the rest of the replies

Best wishes

Hi Brian,
I don't ever remember dreaming about birds but I seem to recall dreaming about a big brown bear chasing me and I tried to scream in my dream and woke myself up making a noise like a fog horn instead and frightened the life out of my OH.

I do now and then, usually the birds are big waterbirds by lakes or rivers. Sometimes I have dreams about large and dangerous things such as lions and tigers.
Dreams are just a jumble of concious thoughts coming out in sleep, mostly. Though there are plenty that can't be explained and wouldn't like to try.

Chris-Leeds said:
I do now and then, usually the birds are big waterbirds by lakes or rivers. Sometimes I have dreams about large and dangerous things such as lions and tigers.
I sometimes dream about dangerous animals, lots of wolves. :-O

Scott

I think your problem is, you're going to bed feeling a bit peckish. Have more supper. LOL!

All the best.
Baz.

BazR said:
I think your problem is, you're going to bed feeling a bit peckish. Have more supper. LOL!

All the best.
Baz.

But then wouldn't we all be dreaming about Penguins? Pick up a PENGUIN :eat: Tis the way I tell em. :'D

brianfm said:
However I am not really interested in your wider dreaming habits so stick to the point please. ;)

Cheers

Damn!

Could have made for an interesting thread. :king:

PS - no dreams about birds or wildlife for me.

Wolves are quite nice but you can have bad dreams about anything. Last night I had one about a pet seal or sealion. Very strange as it lived in a bedroom.

Hi Brian & All,
Just to let you know, they have some last min vacancies at the SMB!! :-O

Nighty Night, dont let the Bed Bugs Bite!!

pie said:
Hi Brian & All,
Just to let you know, they have some last min vacancies at the SMB!! :-O

Nighty Night, dont let the Bed Bugs Bite!!

Hi Pie

Sorry it's getting late. SMB???

I am still analysing the dreams of those who have had them, but may post results soon! Surely there must be more exbeebers who dream of wildlife! :-O

I have had many very weird dreams and yes some are about wildlife. Like Ruth’s I often have something turning into something else.

The most recent one was of me looking out of the bedroom window which overlooks the garden, fields and river. Our pet rabbits were out as usual. Suddenly a fox jumped over the fence and the rabbits shot off to hide. The fox then jumped up to the bird table (actually I’ve not even got one!) and began to eat the bird seed! I shouted ‘Fox get the rabbits in!’ and it ran away leaping up and over all the neighbours fences and joined another one in the field.
I’d forgotten about this dream until in the morning I went downstairs and saw my daughter had let the rabbits out. Suddenly I thought ‘Oh no quick, the rabbits shouldn’t be out there’ and rushed to the door. Only then did I recall why they shoouldn’t be out and realised it was a dream!

Then there was the dream about birds of prey in the garden. Lots and lots of them. All different kinds including owls sitting along the fence panels like a falconry show! This was earlier this year after buzzards had been low over the garden and I had been concerned about the rabbits. (We’ve had buzzards swoop and even land in the garden twice after them so I have reason to be concerned!)

Brian, maybe your dream was in fact a preminition. I’d keep an eye on those bushes if I were you.
Slightly off topic but you could say I had one of those about a bird too! Whilst looking out of the bedroom window once I noticed a swan fly up from the river followed by another. I was thinking how awful it would be if they ever hit the power cables above the field next to it. They disappeared out of sight then returned flying over that very field and yes you’ve guessed it, that is exactly what one did. It was just terrible, it dropped to the ground like a stone and I stood there in complete disbelief!

I’ve had many more but there are some men in white coats at the door, really must see what they want.
Happy dreaming.

Interim Medical Reports.

After many hours of carefull study Doctor Brian has come up with the following reports.

Ruth Daniel...Diagnosis-Twitching fanaticism Treatment-Sell the telescope now!
Angelface...Diagnosis-MMM. Oh Dear! Treatment-Only by private consutation. PM me for private fee quote. ;)
Anthony...Diagnosis-Mad as a hatter.(we have all realised that for a long time) Treatment-Non available. Just try and accept it!
Scott... Diagnosis-Stressed by overworking. Treatment-Less homework and a weeks birding on Mull.
Chris...Diagnosis-Over indulgence in alcohol. Treatment-It is in your own hands mate. Try a reduction from 14 pints to 12 pints per night!
Kezza...Diagnosis-Still working on this one. Treatment-Keep taking the tablets for the time being! I can confirm that you are no more insane than I am! :-O

I hope that this helps you all to resolve your problems. Happy dreams.
Now come on, I reckon some of you are holding back! Lets have somemore wildlife dreams. (o)<

Last edited:
I used to have a recurring dream of being chased by King Kong when I was a young lad, I escaped into a house but King Kong then got me by lifting the house up and dropping King Kong size coins through the front door!! A little bit wildlife related.|8.|

I'll never forget that one.

The other dream I used to get was a horrible one where my molars and wisdom teeth from my top jaw got locked behind the ones on my bottom jaw, the only way out was to force them apart and that ended up really messy!! Not wildlife relelated at all though.

andy

Last edited:
I shall have to think about this one. The only thing that springs straight to mind, is a recurring dream I had as a small girl. Not really wildlife, but a bull. I lived in London at the time, and don't remember ever having seen a bull, and this was before most people had TV. I used to get chased down the street by a bull, rush into my front garden, and the bull was literally rushing at the gate.
There must be more, but can't think of them at the moment.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back