• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Why? (1 Viewer)

bill lord

When I log in to the bird forum it takes me directly to the forums page and tells me something like 106 threads with 288 posts, the threads being new ones. So I click on the 106 threads and it does a search and then proceeds to show me that there are 94 threads and however many posts. It does this or something similar each time I login, my query is why does one page always give me a higher number of threads than I actually see? Not critical but just puzzling to me.

Not sure but it may be something to do with the subscription forum threads(Ruffled Feathers and Ex Beeb Members). Total on the front includes the subscription threads maybe....then when you look at the list of threads updated it doesnt show the subsription threads if you are not yet a member.

Not sure that this is right and have probably just made it even more confusing! Sorry if I have!

andy_morris said:
Not sure but it may be something to do with the subscription forum threads(Ruffled Feathers and Ex Beeb Members). Total on the front includes the subscription threads maybe....then when you look at the list of threads updated it doesnt show the subsription threads if you are not yet a member.

Not sure that this is right and have probably just made it even more confusing! Sorry if I have!

Thanks that sounds a plausible reason, at least enough to satisfy me. It was just one of those loose ends that niggled away until I decided I had to ask.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back