• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for pocket sized qualiti bino. (1 Viewer)

I tried the Leica and Zeiss 20mm binos and they did not feel great and they were not as compact as the Swarvo 10x25 CL Mountain binos. It is not readily apparent how much more light can pass through larger objectives with greater surface area. A 25mm objective has a 56% greater surface area than a 20mm objective and that is a significant difference.

Elkhornsun,

Can you clarify your first point? I can see how the small size of an 8x20 does not work for everyone, no argument here on that point. But IME the UV/Trinovid 8x20's and older SW 8x20 are definitely smaller than my previous gen SW 8x25. Did you mean to refer to the 25mm versions as opposed to 20mm of Leica and Zeiss?

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back