• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden/Yard List 2020 (3 Viewers)

Never mind Amy, not long now and you'll be inundated with spring migrants. Here, the Brambling (there's been around 75 visiting daily all winter) departed overnight, just three or four left this morning, I thought they seemed to be doing a lot of energetic preening at dusk yesterday, now I know why. A flock of 19 Fieldfare passed through, perhaps heading north too and just now a Nutcracker was posing in the trees they had vacated an hour before. Happy days...

Attachments

• Cassenoix mo 11.3.20.jpg
    Cassenoix mo 11.3.20.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 37
  • grive lit.jpg
    grive lit.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 33
Never mind Amy, not long now and you'll be inundated with spring migrants. Here, the Brambling (there's been around 75 visiting daily all winter) departed overnight, just three or four left this morning, I thought they seemed to be doing a lot of energetic preening at dusk yesterday, now I know why. A flock of 19 Fieldfare passed through, perhaps heading north too and just now a Nutcracker was posing in the trees they had vacated an hour before. Happy days...

Jealous of that Nutcracker Rich, nothing much happening on the Peninsula at the moment.

Ian

Just when I was thinking...perhaps will have to wait till year end, a Fieldfare heading South into the gusting SWesterlies. this evening. no.58.

Nearly spilt my post-lunch coffee at the sight of what I thought was only my second Siskin of the year outside, hang on, there's two of them and one has a yellow head - 'waddamistaketamake' :eek!:
Smashing the earliest date by a week, of course it was a pair of

47 Serin

Picture of Mr and Mrs Serin plus one of the four remaining Brambling to cheer up Wari in Finland :t:

Attachments

• Serin f 12.3.20.jpg
    Serin f 12.3.20.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Serin m 12.3.20.jpg
    Serin m 12.3.20.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Pinson du nord BF 12.3.20.jpg
    Pinson du nord BF 12.3.20.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 26
My jokes are a bit like the seeds in Matthew 13:5 "and some fell on stoney ground" :C

Anyway, back to serious bird activity, another arrival from its winter holidays, shuffle-winging around some dead branches:

48 Dunnock

Exactly the same date as last year's first one!

My jokes are a bit like the seeds in Matthew 13:5 "and some fell on stoney ground" :C

Anyway, back to serious bird activity, another arrival from its winter holidays, shuffle-winging around some dead branches:

48 Dunnock

Exactly the same date as last year's first one!

Sorry I don't fit your flat cap wearing, Pigeon racing, grimey, Northern stereotype.

Last edited:
Two more here this am.,

49 Chiffchaff
50 Black Redstart

And another two this afternoon

51 Crag Martin
52 Lammergeier

Whilst scanning he skies hoping to photograph the martins I spied a dark immature bird, followed 20 minutes later by an adult.

All the best everyone.

Last edited:
Looks like “Garden Birding” will become increasingly more attractive...with possible “lockdown” round the corner. :eek!:

Nearly spilt my post-lunch coffee at the sight of what I thought was only my second Siskin of the year outside, hang on, there's two of them and one has a yellow head - 'waddamistaketamake' :eek!:
Smashing the earliest date by a week, of course it was a pair of

47 Serin

Picture of Mr and Mrs Serin plus one of the four remaining Brambling to cheer up Wari in Finland :t:

No any Fringillas here. Serin would be a G-lifer (and your previous Nutcracker too).

But I got:

#30. Common Gull
#31. Greater Black-backed Gull
#32. Mallard

Also I saw today distant Goose, but I'm not sure was it a Canada or Greylag, so I leave this out of the list at this point.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back