• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Battery pack (1 Viewer)

peterpiper

Does anyone know of a replacement for the L56AN batterypack that is no longer supplied by Maplins? it is for a Canon A95
T.I.A.
pete

I have a Canon A95 and it uses 4 AA batteries. You can use alkaline or rechargeable NiMH batteries. Why would you need an expensive outboard battery pack when it is so easy to change AA batteries ? Those were expensive when the A95 was released but now rechargeables are cheap to buy and last quite a long time. Get a few sets.

You are of course correct, the A95 does use "AA" bateries, but, the non-rechargeable ones (which I can re-charge), do not last long enough, so I have 3 packs of re-chargeable batteries, 2 of which are 2500 mah and the latest which are 2700 mah. These give enough power to last for a good days shooting, so long as I change them over, which means dismounting the camera from it's adapter and remounting it, this is what I am trying to avoid, as it is precisely at this time that the shot of the day presents itself, it is much easier and a great deal quicker to unplug one battery pack (if needed) and plug in another one.
I did have one of the L56AN packs (as recommended by a B.F.member) but dropped it from a cable car. R.I.P.battery pack.
pete

It's worth looking into rechargeable batteries as they are not all created equal. The thing to look for is the discharge rate. Before I knew about this I purchased around 4 packs of 2800mAh ones from the 7 Day Shop website but they would go flat after a day of shooting. I did some research and found which ones people used in remote control planes, cars etc because they knew what they were talking about as far as getting long life out of AA'a. The Vapex 2900mAh batteries I got next after doing some research would last me for around 7 days on one charge which was a hell of a difference.

See http://www.vapextech.co.uk/acatalog/High_Power_Consumer_Batteries.html Free postage as well.

These are well worth getting and I was amazed at how long they last.

Paul.

Last edited:
Hi,
I got a universal camcorder& digital camera external battery pack not unlike the Maplins one, but i find it better because it as a switch for various voltages. Got it of e-bay about a year ago and still going OK. I think you will find it here. [email protected]
Stan.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back