• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bushnell Elite 15-40x60 or Legend Ultra HD ED 15-40x60 (1 Viewer)

pinesiskin

Dan Garber
I'm sure you all have heard this song before. A beginner with only so much to spend and can't figure out which scope to get. My limit is about $400, I am an eyeglass wearer, and I don't need more than 45x. Bushnell has always been good to me so I've narrowed it down to these two. Any suggestions. Another problem I have is I live way off the beaten path so can't just bop down to the nearest spotting scope store and check them out. Help and thanks!

I have the Bushnell and it is a nice scope. The reason I bought it was that it was so lightweight and compact, fog proof--this is my hunting shack/traveling scope. I can throw it in my backpack and barely know it's there. The eye elief though is fairly tight so not sure how that would play out with your glasses. 15-30 power is good, but after that light issues start to become a factor in twighlight and cloudy day situations.

If you don't mind a heavier, larger scope, you might consider a Celestron Regal, another good scope for the money. I have even heard the Konus 80mm spotter is another decent scope for even less money.

Thanks Riverplace. I checked out those Celestrons and they sound pretty good. I think I will probably go for the Regal 65 F-ED 16-48.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back