• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How is your 2008 List Going? (1 Viewer)

124 with Blackcap this morning in my garden a garden 1st!
My list will be in the specific list when I have time to post it
of note Bittern-local patch, Scaup and Black-necked Grebes - Staines Res(another lp)
White-crowned Sparrow(lifer), Lapland Bunting,
Richard's Pipit, Great Grey Shrike; Norfolk
Hallo John - we keep missing each other!

Got two new birds for the year today. Red Grouse on the way to work and Treecreeper from the office window.

Year list on 101. Got the first lifer of 2008 yesterday. No surprise for guessing - White Crowned Sparrow.

Whitacare Heath and Lea Marston added two more ticks but I dipped out again on the controversial Marsh Lane Redpolll before the bad weather set in. I also went to St Mary's in Warwick in the hope of seeing the Peregrine but it hadn't arrived by the time I got there and I wasn't waiting in that rain.

126. Willow Tit
127. Scaup

John

107. Bewicks Swan
108. Corn Bunting
109. Whooper Swan
110. Scaup
111. Tundra Bean Goose
112. Skylark
113. Grey Wagtail

Last edited:
Alvecote, Park Hall Country Park (Nr Stoke) and Whitacre Heath added three more to my list.

128. Firecrest
129. Long-eared Owl
130. Lesser Spotted Woodpecker.

John

Up to 134 now, with a decent day's birding around E London.

Also, have people here seen the online listing website at http://www.bubo.org/listing/ ?
It's free, and really quick and easy to use for keeping life and year lists, and avoids the usual risk of double counting something. You can also see a list of your most likely 'target' birds, based on what others have seen.... for instance, it's telling me that I really, really should have seen a Yellowhammer by now!

Once your list is up there, its visible for all to see.... so perhaps an alternative to posting lists of species here?

[edit: should perhaps add that I'm in no way associated with the site... just a satisfied customer!]

A beautiful, sunny day, despite bitter cold temperatures. I added five birds to my Year List, which is now up to 90.

86. Field Sparrow
87. Common Merganser
88. Golden Eagle
89. Red-shouldered Hawk
90. Redhead

Dave

Chased (unsuccessfully) a Williamson's Sapsucker that's showed up not too far away, bud did add a couple year birds.

126. Cassin's Finch
127. Evening Grosbeak

Six wet days in Norfolk (actually Wednesday was OK) took me up to 145 and third place on both Bubo and Surfbirds, despite the fact I have only seen one rarity.

Can't be botherd to list all the 36 year-ticks but....

114 White-crowned Sparrow
140 Bean Goose (tundra)
145 Great Grey Shrike

World-listing takes over now with trips to NE India and Thailand in the next six weeks.

Steve

63. Prairie Falcon, Lake Contrary area, Saint Joseph, Missouri
64. Gadwall, Sugar Lake, Lewis & Clark State Park, Platte County, Missouri

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back