• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seawatching for beginners (1 Viewer)

Not that good - I could have stayed there all day, but there are two of us on this holiday and only one of them is a birder! (Seawatching for the non-birding spouse must be a VERY boring activity). All of which brings me on to my 13th Commandment.

13 -If seawatching somewhere sunny & hot, don't forget to apply plenty of 30+ suntan cream!

And if its quiet at said location...don't fall asleep out in the sun..
The lessons we learn the hard way...;)

Owen

And if its quiet at said location...don't fall asleep out in the sun..
The lessons we learn the hard way...;)

Owen

I experienced that at sea yesterday. Thank god its raining today. Not sure my cheeks & forehead could survive more sun...

Stoggler - if you can then Selsey's way better than Climping and there are always watchers at the Bill (weather conditions permitting of course!) Things are now quieting down although Justin had a Pom this morning and looking at the WSW blows overnight and tomorrow am then it may be worth a looksy for sure...maight even get a Stormie! Head down the Bill in mid-April to mid-May and there'll be plenty of people there, especially if there's a nice SE blowing

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back