• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Cub's Quiz of American Birds (eastern) (1 Viewer)

Oldsquaw?

chowchilla's got it! That makes first place a three-way tie! As I said the game goes on indefinately until there is an outright leader.

1st- Peter C. (6)
1st- Jonny721 (6)
1st- chowchilla (6)
4th- nickderry (4)
4th- Larry Lade (4)
4th- Reuven_M (4)
7th- MLoyko (1)
7th- The Falcon (1)

Here's the origional shot:

Attachments

• Long-tailed Duck in flight.JPG
    Long-tailed Duck in flight.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Thus concludes The Cub's Quiz!

The winner is Peter C.! He had a total of seven points!

And tied for second place is Jonny721 and chowchilla!

nickderry (4)
Larry Lade (4)
Reuven_M (4)
MLoyko (1)
The Falcon (1)

I have nearly exhausted my supply of rubbish pictures, but once I replenish (it will be easy to do so;))be on the lookout for The Cub's Quiz 2: Revenge of the Quiz! Thanks to everyone who posted for playing along! Congrats to Peter C. and to you all!

(Here are the full pictures from the rounds with only segments; question numbers are in the titles)

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    278.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    203.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Whooo hooo! :D

By the way, good idea posting all the originals ... it's interesting to see the context for all of the thumbnails.

Cheers,
Peter C.

Whooo hooo! :D

By the way, good idea posting all the originals ... it's interesting to see the context for all of the thumbnails.

Cheers,
Peter C.
Well done Peter! Alas I was fast asleep when you won, but I'm kind of glad to have snuck in one last correct guess at the end there... not quite enough though.:t:

Well done Peter! Alas I was fast asleep when you won, but I'm kind of glad to have snuck in one last correct guess at the end there... not quite enough though.:t:

Thanks, Chowchilla. I thought it was great how many of our birds you could recognize, considering that you have to look at them upside-down from there ... must add whole new dimension to the challenge ... :-O
Speaking of challenges, I think it would only be fair if you now put up a series of Aussie birds for us to have a go at ... fair play and all that.

Hope to "see" you again soon.

Peter C.

Thanks, Chowchilla. I thought it was great how many of our birds you could recognize, considering that you have to look at them upside-down from there ... must add whole new dimension to the challenge ... :-O
Speaking of challenges, I think it would only be fair if you now put up a series of Aussie birds for us to have a go at ... fair play and all that.

Hope to "see" you again soon.

Peter C.
Well I've got enough bad pics for that, but I'm generally too bombed out after work, and I only come on here for about 10-15 mins. Plus I don't really have the technical nous to crop pics etc, but you never know; If I get my act together I might come up with something!

Well I've got enough bad pics for that, but I'm generally too bombed out after work, and I only come on here for about 10-15 mins. Plus I don't really have the technical nous to crop pics etc, but you never know; If I get my act together I might come up with something!

Oh, I can certainly sympathize ... one of the last things I want to do, after a spending a day in front of a computer screen, is go home and spend an evening in front of a computer screen.

Still, would be interesting to see, some day - love Aussie birds, they make such an interesting contrast to what we have here (which are wonderful too, of course...)

So long,
Peter C.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back