• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

V-1 NEF files and CS4 (1 Viewer)

Neil-T

Moorlands Macro: Close up and personal....with bug
Following on from my previous request for help, I fear I must request a little more information as regarding CS4 not reading my Nikon V-1 NEF files.

I have a D300 and always shoot RAW and CS4 has no problem reading them, so why then, when I take pictures in RAW with the V-1, CS4 wont read them. I have tried resetting the camera back to defaults, but still no joy.

Both NEF RAW files from both cameras read exactly the same.

EG: DSC_9999.NEF

When I try to open a NEF from the V-1 CS4 says that the file is in a format not recognised. Any help to resolve the matter would be greatly appreciated.

PS. Even tried a system restore on my PC to an earlier date.

Neil.

Have you been able to read the V1 files in the past?

Have you the last update to the ACR available for the CS4, and is that update listed as compatible with the V1?

Have you tried downloading the free converter to DNG to see if converting before using CS4 would solve the problem?

My guess is that the ACR does not support V1, and that you may need a newer version of ACR to do that.

Niels

Updating your software should solve the problem although I'm not sure that CS4 ill still be supported for later cameras. I had a similar problem with CS6 and updating Adobe Camera Raw cured it for me

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back