• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

need expert advice (1 Viewer)

RaptorTrey

Trey [young birder]
I recently aquired the urge to photograph the birds i see on my trips. Well i already do sort of i try to get pictures with a 3x 2 megapixel camera:smoke:
and its not working to well. I am thinking canon is the best because they have the most variety of cameras and lenses and stuff. If im wrong about that let me know. Also i dont make an income yet [im 13] so i want to keep it under lets see 2500$ but 2000$ would be better. So what i need help with here is which camera and lense to get. If you have any good advice lemme know :king:

thanks

I might think that US$2000 would be able to get you a 400D and a 400mm f/5.6 used, this could be a good start. I used the 20D and 400mm f/5.6 when I started. Hope this could help.

I would go for the 400d as well. I like Canon but Nikon is good as well. Do you want to carry the camera without a tripod? If so you might want to think about an IS lens.

I would go for the Canon 40D and the 400 5.6 L i have this set up and i hand hold most of the time and use a Kenco 1.5 on the lens and still hand hold and get some nice shots.

Chris Buckland

www.freewebs.com/tav94

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back