• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi everyone........ (1 Viewer)

Hello there, my name is Alex and im in sunny (at the moment) Devon. Im very new to birding (no! seriously) and have literally just had my first day out specifically to look for birds. Not terribly successfully as i left my bird guide behind but there were a few interesting things to see at a nearby lake and despite not having the correct lenses for wildlife photography i still managed to get a few nice pictures. I managed to borrow a decent pair of binoculars as ive yet to get my own so i will be looking for anyone with advice of where to start regarding that at some point (any help greatly appreciated)
Anyway thank you for having me. see you soon.
Alex.

Hi Alex and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Well done getting yourself out on your first birdwatching trip.

For help with what binoculars to get you would need to ask in our Binocular Forum (scroll down the front page). They would need to know your budget and it's always helpful if you let them know the type of birdwatching that most interests you (sea and marsh watching is quite different to gardens and forests too).

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi, Alex. Welcome to the forum; I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. Sounds like the birding bug has gotten a good hold on you. It is a great hobby.

Hi Alex and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Well done getting yourself out on your first birdwatching trip.

For help with what binoculars to get you would need to ask in our Binocular Forum (scroll down the front page). They would need to know your budget and it's always helpful if you let them know the type of birdwatching that most interests you (sea and marsh watching is quite different to gardens and forests too).

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
Thank you for the reply and the warm welcome. I'll take a look at the binocular Forum and say hello.
Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back