• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Images' (3 Viewers)

Pass on my regards please User - I hope he's feeling better.

Will do Tim......[i didn't even know he was ill]...!

Just a few images from this afternoons 'outing'.....[not had time to do any serious 'tinkering'...as yet]...;)

Attachments

• 001 - Copy.JPG
    001 - Copy.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 004 - Copy.JPG
    004 - Copy.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 011 - Copy.JPG
    011 - Copy.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 014 - Copy.JPG
    014 - Copy.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 35
The story behind 'this' bombardment of images stems from the fact that i managed to grab a couple of hours in the field today. My aim was to try and locate a local LEO...[owl...not lion]...;)

I failed miserably to locate any owls of any description...however...in my searching...i came across a number of compositions that took my eye...

ps...they are roughly in the order i took them....

Attachments

• 002 - Copy.JPG
    002 - Copy.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 003 - Copy.JPG
    003 - Copy.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 004 - Copy.JPG
    004 - Copy.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 006 - Copy.JPG
    006 - Copy.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 32
  • 008 - Copy.JPG
    008 - Copy.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 42
And so on.....

Attachments

• 011 - Copy.JPG
    011 - Copy.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 021 - Copy.JPG
    021 - Copy.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 025 - Copy.JPG
    025 - Copy.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 32
  • 029 - Copy.JPG
    029 - Copy.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 030 - Copy.JPG
    030 - Copy.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 33
I've 'tinkered' with a few images as you can probably see.....[yada yada]..

Attachments

• 031 - Copy.JPG
    031 - Copy.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 032 - Copy.JPG
    032 - Copy.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 035 - Copy.JPG
    035 - Copy.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 036 - Copy.JPG
    036 - Copy.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 039 - Copy.JPG
    039 - Copy.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 33
Last few...[promise].....:smoke:

ps...thought i'd finish this little session with a pile o wood pigeon feathers....a fairly common sight when out and about.....

pps....okay.....finished now....;)

Attachments

• 040 - Copy.JPG
    040 - Copy.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 044 - Copy.JPG
    044 - Copy.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 046 - Copy.JPG
    046 - Copy.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 41
Love the face in the fence post and those mono lamb's tails are very nostalgic fror me - ace!

Sometimes i like just 'mono' Tim....!

In post 146 and 148 the 'mono's...[in my addled mind]...represent the moon and sun...[whereas in reality the 'moon' image is rainwater in an upside down bucket type thing...and...[what reminded me of the 'sun']....was a discarded split plastic tea 'cup'..[the shape reminded me of sun's rays]....don't ask me why....:smoke:

ps....as an 'antidote' to my nature photographic images...here's some old 'cobblers' o mine and totally 'un-tinkered' with pics....

Attachments

• 047 - Copy.JPG
    047 - Copy.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 053 - Copy.JPG
    053 - Copy.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 50
loving it all, I got stared at this evening on the way home from work as I was waiting at the bus stop, I noticed the tress all looked like balls of light and as I had my camera with me, well I took a picture or two. I'm used to being stared at, but never for legitimate reasons. The Egyptian plover is the standout piece here, and the catkins is a strong image.

loving it all, I got stared at this evening on the way home from work as I was waiting at the bus stop, I noticed the tress all looked like balls of light and as I had my camera with me, well I took a picture or two. I'm used to being stared at, but never for legitimate reasons. The Egyptian plover is the standout piece here, and the catkins is a strong image.

Tell me about it Nick...!!

Since i recently, and for some reason, got the urge to start producing these images i've had to become very furtive in order to capture certain shots.
I had a similar experience to you the other day whilst wanting to 'capture' a bit of mossy green graffiti on a fence right next to a bus stop. I circled several times till there was no-one about before 'pouncing'....but even then i imagined the drivers of passing vehicles thinking..'whats that t*** doing photographing a fence'??

It's a chuckle ain't it....?;)

ps....if you get any interesting images be sure to post them as i would like to see.....

here's the photo resulting in conspicuous odd behaviour, it really looked much prettier in real life.

Attachments

• ball of light.jpg
    ball of light.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 42
here's the photo resulting in conspicuous odd behaviour, it really looked much prettier in real life.

That's always a swine when you know that there's a good image to be had and the results aren't as good as you expected...! Thanx for posting....[if it were me i'd probably 'tinker' with it to see what i could produce....;)

Not been 'in the field' today....took a chance taking a couple o pix on the 'shady' side of town...[sort of a little 'walk on the wild side'];).....this area is frequented by various dubious 'sorts'.....:eek!:

Attachments

• 002 - Copy.JPG
    002 - Copy.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 001 - Copy.JPG
    001 - Copy.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 44
Few extra images from last weekend on a very bleak grey late afternoon....

ps...the local rooks seem to be sensing spring tho....!

pps...apologies for 'lack of color'....it was a very dull dismal day in February..:smoke:

Attachments

• 035 - Copy.JPG
    035 - Copy.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 42
  • 036 - Copy.JPG
    036 - Copy.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 052 - Copy.JPG
    052 - Copy.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 050 - Copy.JPG
    050 - Copy.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 35
Couple of 'tinkered' shots...[plus just a 'mono' for folk who like B&W]....B :)

Attachments

• 052 - Copy.JPG
    052 - Copy.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 049 - Copy.JPG
    049 - Copy.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 050 - Copy.JPG
    050 - Copy.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 33
oooh! that swirl! so nightmareish, fabulous

I know you like spaghetti trees Nick...[chuckle]...!

With 'them' three images i just wanted to take very ordinary shots and turn them into something a bit more atmospheric using very simple techniques....

ps....just tinkered with the two shots i took today under a bridge....converting water reflections n grafitti into images that interest me....:eek!:

pps...perhaps a wee bit abstract for some folks tastes....;) All good fun....!

Attachments

• 001 - Copy.JPG
    001 - Copy.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 002 - Copy.JPG
    002 - Copy.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 41
this area is frequented by various dubious 'sorts'.....:eek!:
Clearly it is ;);):-O
fabulous as usual - the last two set the cogs grinding - the first of which I especially like; the maze just lets you through - very satsfying indeed.
Top class, User - now start to think about a venue, a printer and a framer.
Looks to be about time.

Clearly it is ;);):-O
fabulous as usual - the last two set the cogs grinding - the first of which I especially like; the maze just lets you through - very satsfying indeed.
Top class, User - now start to think about a venue, a printer and a framer.
Looks to be about time.

Me..?...'dubious'...?!....yep!! ;)...[chuckle]....!

On a sort of serious note...[something i usually refrain from]....do you really think that i should perhaps take your advice and get some of my 'stuff' printed up....'proper like'...?

I was very doubtful about even starting this thread for fear that my 'tinkering' with natural images would just be perceived as playful nonsense....[i am very unsure of responses from folk to what i 'do'....but 'you' artists have been very kind]......and it is appreciated...

I thank you for your encouragement.....:t:

the best art is mostly playful nonsense, and as oscar Wilde says, or said, I'm sure he's been dead long enough to qualify for being spoken about in the past. Anyway, I quote

"The only excuse for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely. All art is quite useless".

But now, seriously, what you're doing is art, you are showing things that you discover in a way that other people can understand. You're translating the wonder of things observed into a picture in which the beauty of real life can be seen. So less of this 'you' artists, as I'm afraid you're one of us!
I would pursue your images, don't be afraid to show people what you find amazing and inspirational, you'll find that many don't get it and never will, yet others will be so glad you shared as they take inspiration to go and look a little closer at seemingly banal objects to see hidden worlds in them.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back