• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.
Hello!

I have recently started work on some original bird pencil drawings. My aim is to educate myself about each species and produce a lifetime collection that celebrates the beauty of our feathered friends that co-inhabit Britain. Whilst I have been showing these off on social media platforms, I thought they would be appreciated far more by likeminded enthusiasts like yourselves! 🐦🦉🦅

Whilst I only have a few finished (they take a fair while to complete!) I will be adding to my flock throughout the next few years :)

I am a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to art, so each one has been hand-drawn in graphite pencil from reference photos - although I do go bird spotting when I get chance my photography skills aren't quite up to scratch yet!

Each one is available as a print via my website - Bird Drawings | Original Bird Wall Art & Prints | Jonny Atkinson Art with 10% of each sale being donated to the wonderful non-profit organisation Action for Conservation.

My original Blue Tit and Blackbird drawings are temporarily unavailable for now as they are currently on show at the North Arts exhibition in Chapel Allerton (details in image if you're in that area to pop in and visit!)

Thank you!
Jonny

IMG_6549.jpgIMG_6554 2.jpgIMG_6583 2.jpgIMG_6543.jpgIMG_6553 2.jpgIMG_6582 2.jpgFacebook Post July Exhibition.pngBlue Tit compressed.jpgBlackbird compressed.jpg

Those are amazing! Are you using a single pencil, or is it a set of different pencils for different shades & tones?

Those are amazing! Are you using a single pencil, or is it a set of different pencils for different shades & tones?
Hi Scott. I use a combo of graphite pencils. They range from HB up to 8B. The background of these two was a bit of a labour of love, with a soft pencil and a cotton bud! 😮‍💨🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back