• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden/Yard List 2020 (6 Viewers)

I'm just introducing my three year old grandson to a bit of garden birdwatching. In the last week or so, we've spotted;

House Sparrows (dozens of them)
Dunnock
Blue Tit
Great tit
Green Finch
Gold Finch
Robins
Wren
Black Birds
Crows
Jackdaws
Wood Pigeons
Collard Dove
Starlings
Magpies
Herring Gull
Common Gull
Common Buzzards
Peregrine Falcon

Hopefully the list will get longer and the little feller maintains his interest.

Two additions today:-

59 Reed Warbler - singing from the adjacent rhine - 19 April 2020
60 Common Swift - three sightings of singles during the day - 19 April 2020

Lockdown garden list is now 57 of which 38 photographed & 2 heard only.

All the best

One more today,
61. Common Nightingale

They’re finally back! Several calling in the valley tonight. I saw them quite frequently here in the summer of 2018 but only heard them last year. It would be fantastic to see them again!

The terns have started arriving in the windy conditions over the past few days here on the east coast:

122 Common Tern
123 Arctic Tern
124 Little tern

As my late colleague from Lebanon Marius Teeuw used to say “ Are you SURE?”
Just joshing of course Ken, I’m getting worried that I may have missed WW as I did last spring, luckily, like the flycatchers, they’re much easier on their southbound migration :t:

Hope I'm not stealing your share Richard? Wall to wall blue with stiff Easterlies (hard work), after two Swallows two hours apart....another Willow Warbler :t:

Attachments

• P2200498.jpeg     WW2..jpeg
    P2200498.jpeg WW2..jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 46
One more today,
61. Common Nightingale

They’re finally back! Several calling in the valley tonight. I saw them quite frequently here in the summer of 2018 but only heard them last year. It would be fantastic to see them again!

Just remembered your earlier Red-breasted Flycatcher Tim!....that's got to be a seriously good Spring record....wonder where that overwintered? :t:

A day of sunshine and light showers produced (at last) flyover Siskin no.71. plus some other assorted window shot birds of interest. First one bit of a long shot I couldn't resist....two for the price of one! Second one although a tad out of focus always a stunner! followed by another two for the price of one and finishing up with a nice male Blackcap.

Cheers

I like Blue Tit and Cattle Egrett(?) pic. :t:

Thanks Wari, I too think it has a certain je ne sais quoi. :t:

Blue Tit and Little Egret.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hope I'm not stealing your share Richard? Wall to wall blue with stiff Easterlies (hard work), after two Swallows two hours apart....another Willow Warbler :t:

Zut alors, can’t you spare me just one Ken?
Speaking of Azure Tit, there’s one in the South of France currently!

But it’s wearing some fancy coloured bling:-C

First for a few days:

57. Common Tern One North-east

Regular over the garden in summer commuting between gravel pits, not so much on migration. Nice.

John

61) Swift over a few minutes ago. Very high and distant, never would have seen it if it hadn't entered my bins field of view while I was enjoying watching a Buzzard drifting past.

April 22nd.

68. Swift - one over the non-viewable pond to the south of me.

I have taken to regularly scanning the distant sky above where the pond is since getting an Osprey hovering there a couple of weeks ago.

Steve

Interesting spot for this morning, looked up to watch a buzzard being harassed by gulls and there's a raven flying over towards the South West. Probably coming from Worlds End.

Willow Warbler

No, they are still going through. I had my second of this season this morning, presumably because of the bad weather.

John

You were right, I needn’t have worried John, this morning while we were cutting back some hawthorn and wild rose branches around the field ready for the impending arrival of the sheep and their lambs - the lovely sweet song of

65 Willow Warbler

ringing out around the valley, two different males at least.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back