• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What bird is this? (1 Viewer)

yuming

This bird was eating rose shoots in my friend's garden on a snow day in UK.
It looks like a robin, but its color is dark with a white belly.
I'm glad if someone helps me to identify this bird.
Thank you!

Attachments

• GardenBird_UK.jpg
    GardenBird_UK.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 244
We've had 2 white-breasted Robins in North Devon in the last year or two. It looks structurally perfect for Robin to me.

We've had 2 white-breasted Robins in North Devon in the last year or two. It looks structurally perfect for Robin to me.

I know they occur but never seen one. I'd thought, perhaps wrongly, that if the leucism affected the orange/red on the breast it would also affect the lower face and cheeks, which look very dark in the photo. Did the birds Devon have dark there?

I know they occur but never seen one. I'd thought, perhaps wrongly, that if the leucism affected the orange/red on the breast it would also affect the lower face and cheeks, which look very dark in the photo. Did the birds Devon have dark there?

Will see if I can find my (poor) pictures anon.....

Thank you

Thanks kasfig, Sangahyando, aeshna5, Simon, andyadcock, Jon, and Joern. It looks like leucistic European robin or Chiffchaff, though the color is a bit different.
I hope this bird visits my friend's garden again and stays longer for more photos :)

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back