• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with these fungi please. (1 Viewer)

Rudegar

Hi!
The yellow ones were taken at different places within a woodland. They look to me like waxcaps but perhaps yellow shield? The orange one I thought was orangepeel at first but perhaps too cup-like. The other seems similar to Pseudoclitocybe cyathiformis, that was on Mike's post on Wednesday??
Any help appreciated as always.
Colin

Attachments

• Fungi-3-11.jpg
    Fungi-3-11.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Fungi-2-11.jpg
    Fungi-2-11.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Orangepeel Fungus.jpg
    Orangepeel Fungus.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2449.jpg
    IMG_2449.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 50
Hi Colin,

You're right, the first is a waxcap - I would imagine H.ceracea. Sometimes they pop up in the wrong places!

I think you're probably right about the second, too. I can't think of anything else that might fit the bill.

The third is not P.cyathiformis, which never grows directly from wood as far as I know (although it does bear a resemblance). I think I can make out the remains of a ring, so perhaps it's an old Honey Fungus?

Cheers,
Nick

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back