• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stint in Central Thailand id help please. (2 Viewers)

bhutjoe

Hi, these photos were taken on October 28, 2023 on the salt pans in Samut Sakhon. north Gulf of Thailand (and just south of Bangkok). I believe the two stints are both red-necked stints, but as little is also possible I would very much appreciate identification help:) My reason for suggesting Red-necked is that the bill seems "thick" but not being too familiar with either stint that is more a hope than an analytical insight. These waders were off by themselves, along with one Common Redshank, so not in a big flock at all.
Oh, and in some photos there is a sand plovers, Tibetan I believe but if not please correct that too:)
Thank you in advance
steve

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1bab.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1bab.jpeg
    287.3 KB · Views: 58
  • fullsizeoutput_1baf.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1baf.jpeg
    786.6 KB · Views: 58
  • fullsizeoutput_1b98.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1b98.jpeg
    884.3 KB · Views: 54