• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

some opticron bins (1 Viewer)

crimson skies

Hi all,
I am looking for my first pair of decent bins. Before I have used some bins from Jessops that cost £7.50, and they are nackered. I am looking at opticron, because have used some at a friends house, and looking online and liking what I am seeing. I am looking for some second hand bins, possably, the HRWP or SR.GA lines. needs to have 8/10x magnification, an objective lense that is 32-42mm, be reasonbly light, and I dont mind if they are compact or not, as long as they produce a clear picture! my budget is around £100 for some second hand bins.
Any suggestions?
Tom

Last edited:
Tom,

IMO the best Opticron's for the money would be the 'older' Dioptrons or High Resolution models (I've got 2 pairs, 8x32 Dioptrons and 10x50 High resolution).
My personal favourite is the 8x32, which is very light (sub 600g) and sharp with good colours. The FOV is quite good too at this configuration.
They often appear on that well known auction site, and I'd suggest you could get a good pair for under £50. Always ask the seller to confirm the collimation is OK though.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back