• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ED Glass binoculars? (1 Viewer)

I wish I could help you with that one Jinty. I don't wear glasses but typically do need to use binoculars with the eyecups in the fully collapsed position because of my facial features (big nose and close set eyes). With the BGA VHDs I need to have the eyecups positioned out to the first click-stop adjustment on the eyepiece in order to avoid blackouts. This leads me to believe that they do have a generous amount of eye relief.

I do plan on posting a full review of this model later this week.

Can anyone comment on what the VHD is like to use with glasses? 22 mm is a large amount of eye relief. Do you get blackouts using these binoculars with glasses?

I have the Countryman HD which also has 22mm ER and the eyecups look the same as the VHD. I wear glasses and never had blackouts, but everyone is different. I have the cups twisted down all the way.

Generous ER is good for eyeglass wearers but can be problematic for those who don't use eyeglasses, as I can attest. I have similar features to Frank (but my eyes aren't as "beady" :) however, the bridge of my nose is high so it acts as a backstop to prevent most eyecups from getting too close to cause blackouts (but this can limit the FOV).

Frank is too modest about his appearance. If you look at his photo on his YouTube channel (linked in his signature), you'll find that he's actually a handsome dude. Beth might be smitten if you weren't married (you did tie the knot, didn't you, Frank?).

I encourage you both to sign up for my new dating service website, www.birdwatcherdates&dmates.com, coming to the Internet this spring. Unlike other dating websites where what you see isn't always what you get, my site's profiles are true to life since I administer truth serum to enrollees before they fill out their profiles! And all profile images are scanned against classmates.com photos to make sure they are not alternations of old high school photos.

Now if I only knew an FTP from a BLT, I'd be rolling in it!

<B>

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back