• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help needed (1 Viewer)

kolibri2

I'm in several forums for plants, butterflies and moths, fungi, entomology but this one defeats me. In all the other forums (I must add they're all German) I just click on a button to attach a photo and up comes my pictures on my hard drive. Here, I click "manage attachments" and I get a window showing the various types with sizes but nowhere can I see a button for arriving at my harddrive although I'm told here "---and locate the file on your hard drive." - no instructions as to how. How do you all do it please?

Hi Kolibri
You very nearly got there.
At the top of the Manage Attachment window, is a button, Browse...

Click on the "Manage attachments" button. Then "Choose file" followed by "Upload". Close that window. If you want to check if your file was successfully attached click on "Preview Post".
Cheers

Many thanks both. I'll do my very best but computer freak I am not. We'll see. If I have problems, I'll come back to you. Once again, thanks a lot.
Patrick

Hi Patrick and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff.

Indeed you really are very nearly there, but first of all make sure you have re-sized your picture (1600 px on the longest side and a medium quality); having said that I usually do 900 px as it fits on my laptop screen. Don't forget to re-name it. I save this to my desk top to make it easier to find.

To upload the pictures in a thread, make sure you're in an advanced posting mode, either by starting a new thread, or by clicking on Post Reply (if you're in Quick Reply, click on Go Advanced).

After you've typed your comment, scroll down below the message pane and you will see a grey Manage Attachments button.

Click on that and then Browse for your first picture and double click on it. Click on Upload and wait a few seconds until you see the filename appear in the box.

You can do this 4 more times for each post (the maximum is 5 pictures per post, but there is no limit in the thread).

Close the box.

As Rafael said, it's a good idea to click on Preview Post to ensure the pictures are there.

When you submit your post the pictures should appear at the bottom.

Do come back if you need more assistance.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back