• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help identify, think its a Bresser? 7x40 (1 Viewer)

Khazod

Sweden
Hello, new here. I got my hands on this from my father, but have hard time find any information and google took me here, didn’t think I never should land on a bird related forum and start an account. 😅

The only marks is that BC logo?
NW - no clue what that’s means
Nr 769 - same here.
7x40 and N in a circle - whats is N in circle means?
122m/1000mm

I was looking around here and some people had quite amazing information and knowledge about binoculars, hope anyone can bring some knowledge about those binoculars.

6CFB654E-7FFA-4039-A38D-71E8F649AF23.jpeg
D1DE266B-A4EA-498C-A48A-979AB8ADB707.jpeg
EF8267A9-EFBB-4D74-9FC2-378CE6B99AB5.jpeg
95237C95-ADEC-442A-93A8-5E84C4F36FFF.jpeg
117C3746-2128-4177-80A9-252EC2502A79.jpeg

Hi and welcome,

122m at 1000m is the claimed field or 7 degrees.

It looks like a Bresser mark, but I suppose it may be available with other names.

The Nr 769 is probably the serial number although it could be a model number.

Independent eyepiece focus, make waterproofing easier.

It seems fairy robust.

7x40 was generally a military specification.

I haven't actually seen one of these before.

Regards,
B.

Yes, the logo is "Bresser" but Bresser sold all kinds of binos by 3rd parties. They never actually made any binos themselves. I have one Bresser that was made by Kamakura for instance. Look for any "JB" or "JE" codes or rather what looks like a J and L fused together followed by E or B and a number. It might be inside on some of the tubes. But not all binos have those JB and JE codes that tell you which Japanese company made them. The bino is a copy of a Zeiss "Safari" model. I think some of those were made by Nikon. That would be J-B7 if it carries such a number.
But there were literally hundreds of Japanes companies making very similar models sold under a myriad of names and brands.
The Nikon "Safari" looks similar but not quite so it might have been another manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back