Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Looking for an Overseas trip

Old Sunday 24th February 2019, 22:26   #1
KEVIN BROWN
Casual Birder

Looking for an Overseas trip

Looking to join a wildlife trip, particularly if there is a chance of seeing some mammals as well as birds, no more than a week, open to ideas on destination, budget is flexible, but would need to represent reasonable value for money. Not the best birder, but have travelled and learnt a bit, like obtaining record shots, but no Togger, and don’t to take myself to serious.
Old Sunday 3rd March 2019, 22:37   #2
Paul Collins

Hi Kevin,

I'm organising a trip this June to Svalbard (Norwegian Arctic) - there is a short thread here for this with more details:

https://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=372377

On a similar trip last year, in terms of mammals we saw 3 Blue Whales, 60 Beluga Whales, 3 Polar Bear, 10 Bearded Seals, 20 Walrus, 5 Arctic Foxes regularly, and lots of Reindeer.

Many great birds too with fabulous views of Red-Necked and Grey Phalarope, King Eider, Svalbard Ptarmigan, Snow Bunting, Pink-Footed Goose, Purple Sandpiper, Little Auk, Brunnich's Guillemot, Black Guillemot, Common Guillemot, Puffin, Glaucous Gull, Iceland Gull........and even a Snow Goose and 2 Steller's Eider. Views were beyond belief, to the point that we were taking excellent photos with our go pros and iPhones.

Paul
Old Saturday 6th April 2019, 21:14   #3
the wicker man

trip to Rwanda/Uganda -Aug and Sep

Hi Kevin

Myself and one other birder are going to Rwanda and Uganda in late August/early September if you fancy it? Details elsewhere on this thread. Mostly birds but there are plenty of mammlas on the Akagera NP part of the trip.

Mike
Old Saturday 6th April 2019, 21:25   #4
birdphoto77
Forum Member

Hi there!

You could try this trip in Danube's Delta, good bang for the buck:

https://www.clubulfoto.com/delta-explorer-2019/

It's about 320gbp for 5 days, boat trips, accomodation and food included.

You have tons of cheap flights to Bucharest, and from there to Tulcea you can take a bus or talk to the organiser to arrange something. Message me if you need some help. I am not the organiser btw.

Best!
Old Tuesday 16th April 2019, 19:48   #5
birdsrio

Hello Kevin,

I am a guide to bird watching and photography in Brazil, we have several itineraries to assist you. We have itineraries through the Atlantic forest of the southeast and also marshland, where it is possible to see several mammals and birds with certain ease. We can put together a travel template that is right for you, which would not make it much more expensive.
If you are interested you can contact me in my website: www.birdsrio.com.br - I have dates available.

Last edited by birdsrio : Wednesday 17th April 2019 at 14:47.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: