• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Old Zeiss 85t fl, 20-75x for 1200€? (1 Viewer)

Pancho85

Hi,

I would like to know what do you think about the old Zeiss Diascope 85T FL. I can buy it for 1200€ with the 20-75x (no case, no tripod, and 2nd hand, of course). Does it worth or do you think there are better options?

Thank you all.

Hi,

price seems right on ebay sold items - 2 went at 1200 with zoom, one at 1600 with zoom & tripod and one at 900 with 30x fixed EP.

Don't have a lot of experience with the scope - just a few peeks through fellow birders instruments which were good as expected.

PS: Not that old, is it? Diascope FL is listed as a current model on the Zeiss page.

Joachim

Last edited:
Hi,

price seems right on ebay sold items - 2 went at 1200 with zoom, one at 1600 with zoom & tripod and one at 900 with 30x fixed EP.

Don't have a lot of experience with the scope - just a few peeks through fellow birders instruments which were good as expected.

PS: Not that old, is it? Diascope FL is listed as a current model on the Zeiss page.

Joachim

Thank you!! Didn't know that diascope was the current model.

Cheers!

I thought the 75 zoom was current, but hard to tell without picture. Seems like a deal to me. A hunting forum, Rokslide had a very good write up on these.

I have had the Diascope for over two years now and I cannot fault it.This is a very good price but you need to examine all telescopes before purchase.My only comment is that after looking through the HT binoculars I have,it is not as bright an image......Eddy

I think the description is wrong, they say the zoom is 20-75x, but in the picture they show it is 20-60x.
It is the old one, the grey one.
I will go to the store to check it, and if everything is ok, I may buy it.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back